Last updated on
This cheesy chicken and rice dish is one of the most delicious recipes you will ever try! It is easy to make and can be served as a main dish or side dish. It features chicken cooked in a creamy cheese sauce, served over a bed of fluffy white rice.
The combination of the creamy sauce and the fluffy rice is simply irresistible. You can also add some vegetables to the dish for an extra boost of flavor.
To make this cheesy chicken and rice dish, you will need some boneless chicken breasts, cream cheese, butter, garlic, and your favorite type of cheese.
Since this cheesy chicken and rice recipe is pretty simple to prepare, you can invite your kids to the kitchen to help you in the process, and they’ll be taking their first steps in the art of cuisine.
This cheesy chicken and rice dish is a great way to enjoy a tasty meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. It is also a great way to use up any leftover chicken you may have.
So, give this recipe a try and enjoy one of the most mouthwatering dishes you will ever make!
In This Post
About This Traditional Dish
Cheesy chicken and rice is a traditional casserole that is popular in many parts of the world. In Mexico, for instance, it’s called arroz poblano, and it’s often served at restaurants as a traditional dish.
It is often served as a main dish or side dish and is a great way to use up any leftover chicken. The creamy cheese sauce and the fluffy white rice make this dish perfect for a family dinner.
The dish is also very easy to make and can be on your table in no time at all!
Use Only the Best Ingredients
When making this cheesy chicken and rice dish, it is important to use only the best ingredients. Use freshly grated cheese instead of pre-shredded cheese and use only high-quality butter and cream cheese. These simple ingredients are what make this dish so tasty and delicious.
So, be sure to use only the best ingredients when making this dish and you will be sure to enjoy a truly mouthwatering meal!
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe
This cheesy chicken and rice dish is easy to make and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. As in many dishes that require rice as a base, it is advisable to have it cooked beforehand. This will save precious time in the kitchen.
If you don’t have pre cooked white rice, you should start by this step. Just put some rice to cook the way you usually do, then set 2 cups aside to use in this recipe. You can store the rest in the refrigerator.
Follow the instructions below and you will have an irresistible dish on the table in no time. Enjoy!
Ingredients needed (2 servings)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts.
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese.
- 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms (optional).
- 1/2 cup of white wine (optional).
- 1 cup of your favorite type of cheese.
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- 2 cups of cooked white rice.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until both sides turn golden brown and get cooked through.
- Add the cream cheese, milk, and cheese. Stir everything together.
- At this point, add the chopped mushrooms and the white wine and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy.
- If the rice you’ll use has been recently in the fridge, you must heat it in the microwave oven. You may add some of the creamy sauce over it at this point.
- Serve the chicken over the bed of fluffy white rice and enjoy!
Here is some useful advice to keep in mind when making this cheesy chicken and rice recipe:
- To bring up the best flavor, using freshly grated cheese instead of pre-shredded packaged cheese is recommended.
- Some cooks usually add half a cup of white wine to the mix and stir until absorbed. This is a matter of personal taste.
- Mushrooms and creamy sauces always go hand in hand, so they will add a particular flavor and texture to the sauce.
- This dish can be served with some cooked vegetables aside or a fresh tomato salad.
- Be sure to use high-quality butter and cream cheese for best results.
If you follow these tips, you will be sure to enjoy a truly delicious and healthy dish!